Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reflections

Summer has officially begun! My last official day was last Thursday! I have successfully completed my first year of teaching. Reflecting on my first year of teaching, I know there are things that I still need to learn. This summer one of my goals is I need to find a good resource and/or trainings on how to effectively teach students with disabilities. I just feel that I need more in my teaching bag of tricks. I really enjoyed my first year teaching even if it came with a few trials. I strongly believe those trials have helped me become a better teacher.



My sister Carrie, my niece Payton, and Corbin when he was three weeks old!

Look at that cutie, Reese!

Moving on to more exciting news. My older sister, Carrie, is going to find out the sex of her baby tomorrow afternoon! Carrie and Jeff (bro in law) already have two beautiful daughters, Payton (almost 5), and Reese (2). I know that Carrie and Jeff are hoping for a little boy. But it would be really special this time around in my opinion, if Carrie had a girl. If they have a girl they are going to name her Morgan.

Some of you may not know that I was a twin. Morgan and I were born three months prematurely and had less than a 5 % chance of survival. Sadly, three weeks after she was born, Morgan passed away. My mom told me that her breathing tube had become clogged and after that Morgan was not the same. Her whole body would shake and my mom believes she might have had cerebral palsy resulting from the clogged breathing tube. I said that if I ever had a girl I would name her Morgan. However, since we have Corbin I thought having a Corbin and Morgan would be too similar. So, when Carrie called me to let me know she was pregnant and asked me if she could name a girl Morgan, I was more than happy to honor our sister's memory. I did tell Carrie at if I do have a girl, her middle name will be Morgan.

I would also love it if Carrie and Jeff lived in Texas because Corbin and this little one will only be like 9 months apart and I really don't have any "Mommy" friends and I would love to be able to experience all of this with my sister! They live in Kansas City, KS (where we grew up) so we don't get to see them very often. Although they will be here for the fourth of July! I cannot wait to see them!

No comments: