Last Friday, Grayson got his ear tubes put in. Wow, how did I NOT remember when we took Corbin to get his ear tubes about having to wake up at 3:45 in order to get there by 5:15? Maybe because last time I had just found out I was pregnant with Grayson and was so exhausted from being newly pregnant that I didn't remember. Gosh was it hard to wake up just 45 minutes earlier then my usual work wake up time! It was very emotional for me because he was so upset when they took him back I started crying. To top things off I was already a basket case because my parents are out of town and damnit I just needed my Mom that and the fact that Corbin got sick in the car on the way home on Thursday (totally my fault I didn't have the A/C on bc I was freezing and I think he got overheated! Yes, I know I am not winning any Mother of the year awards over here!! I felt horrible about it! He did have a slight fever after that like 101 but when we took him to Jason's dads house they said the next day he didn't have a fever, siblings were not allowed to come with us to the surgery, just ones in-utero, like Grayson was when Corbin got his ear tubes!!:))
The nurse took Grayson back at 6:30 and by 6:40 they came back and said he was fine! The nurse assured me that when she had taken Grayson back for the surgery after a few seconds Grayson calmed down and snuggled into the nurse. He had to be in recovery for about 10 minutes and when they brought him back he was sleepy but then SUPER SUPER cranky and fussy!! Wow every time Jason got him to stop crying and almost get back to sleep the nurse had to come in and get his vitals! ANNOYING! Other than that everything went well and we were released at like 8 am! Grayson came home and played all day. He was SUPER wobbly though. The nurse warned us that the anestheisa would be in his system for 24 hours and boy was it! He was so wobbly and he kept falling down all day. He said goodbye to the anesthesia the next morning by falling down three stairs! I woke up to the sound of him falling/crying. :( Corbin had woken up and gotten Grayson out of his room to come get us up like they do every weekend!
(We have pictures but it requires effort to put pictures on here and I have been SO lazy with this blog!)
The nurse took Grayson back at 6:30 and by 6:40 they came back and said he was fine! The nurse assured me that when she had taken Grayson back for the surgery after a few seconds Grayson calmed down and snuggled into the nurse. He had to be in recovery for about 10 minutes and when they brought him back he was sleepy but then SUPER SUPER cranky and fussy!! Wow every time Jason got him to stop crying and almost get back to sleep the nurse had to come in and get his vitals! ANNOYING! Other than that everything went well and we were released at like 8 am! Grayson came home and played all day. He was SUPER wobbly though. The nurse warned us that the anestheisa would be in his system for 24 hours and boy was it! He was so wobbly and he kept falling down all day. He said goodbye to the anesthesia the next morning by falling down three stairs! I woke up to the sound of him falling/crying. :( Corbin had woken up and gotten Grayson out of his room to come get us up like they do every weekend!
(We have pictures but it requires effort to put pictures on here and I have been SO lazy with this blog!)
No comments:
Post a Comment