Not sure why this entire post is underlined! UGH!
As I stay home with a sick baby today it reminds me once again that we are doing the right thing.
On the 27th of this month our youngest baby will go through the same procedure as his older brother. Something that plagues the Talbott side of my family. (I had ear tubes, my sister Carrie should have had them but wasn't really done in the 70's much, and my dad should have had them and as a result cannot hear high pitched noises because he lost some of his hearing from having repeated ear infections.) He will be getting ear tubes put in just like his older brother.
Poor Grayson has a double ear infection, which makes upset because I should have made his appointment right after seeing our ENT at the end of December. I cannot help but think I caused this ear infection by not acting sooner and only making his appointment to get the tubes put in sooner. Now today I am home with a clingy baby who only wants his Momma to hold him, which I am NOT complaining about!
I am trying to be a better Mommy. I am trying to not let the stresses of life get me so riled up. I went for my annual appointment yesterday and had to up my anxiety meds. It was quite interesting telling my almost 4 year old that no he cannot come to Mommy's appointment, I took half a day off of work and dropped Corbin off at home with Daddy, who was taking care of Gray. When I explained that it was only for girls, lets just say I was very blunt and told him, that no it was not a teeth cleaning and what it really was. I knew he would keep bothering me and crying until I told him why he really couldn't go. He said he wouldn't look! It was kinda funny. We are going for a teeth cleaning in a couple of weeks with my step mom in law and he thought I was going to the dentist.
Along with being a better mommy I am trying to feed my kids things without preservatives. Last night made homemade "goldfish" crackers. Jason and Corbin loved the homemade crackers. I have also started making homemade vanilla yogurt in my yogurt maker. The boys and Jason totally love it and its super easy! There is far less sugar and I feel good about serving it to our boys. Its especially delicious with my homemade granola!
I am trying to be a better Mommy. I am trying to not let the stresses of life get me so riled up. I went for my annual appointment yesterday and had to up my anxiety meds. It was quite interesting telling my almost 4 year old that no he cannot come to Mommy's appointment, I took half a day off of work and dropped Corbin off at home with Daddy, who was taking care of Gray. When I explained that it was only for girls, lets just say I was very blunt and told him, that no it was not a teeth cleaning and what it really was. I knew he would keep bothering me and crying until I told him why he really couldn't go. He said he wouldn't look! It was kinda funny. We are going for a teeth cleaning in a couple of weeks with my step mom in law and he thought I was going to the dentist.
Along with being a better mommy I am trying to feed my kids things without preservatives. Last night made homemade "goldfish" crackers. Jason and Corbin loved the homemade crackers. I have also started making homemade vanilla yogurt in my yogurt maker. The boys and Jason totally love it and its super easy! There is far less sugar and I feel good about serving it to our boys. Its especially delicious with my homemade granola!
No comments:
Post a Comment