Monday, March 18, 2013

Potty training Grayson



 We are in the mist of potty training Grayson.  Yes, while our house is in chaos and we cannot be on the nice tiled downstairs floors.  A few weeks ago we decided to just do it.. ok if I am honest with myself, Jason forced it upon Grayson and I.  I wanted to wait until we were back and can use our bedroom and downstairs area.  OK TMI time sorry... don't say I didn't warn you! We finally had enough of Grayson pooping so much and putting his hand in the back of his diaper in his waistline and lets just say Jason and I wanted to vomit and he almost did. I however, had a more solid stomach.  Both times this happened I took Grayson upstairs and gave him a shower.

I woke up to the sound of our child peeing on the bathroom floor on Saturday morning at 6 a.m. He didn't turn the light on and missed the toilet. (I am still sleeping on the game room couch! Come on Thursday and new carpet! I get to wake up in my bed on my 32nd birthday! I teased Jason and told him that I got a 8 lb 5 oz birthday present which took 9 months to "open" and this year I get carpet! I liked last years present a million times better.)

  Grayson has been doing well, for the most part.  I did find pee on his bedroom carpet this morning a few hours later and he neglected tell me he'd had an accident.  He had changed his clothes and underwear but this is nothing new these days. I go in his room about 4 times a day and it looks like a bomb went off. He pulls almost all his clothes out of his drawers.  He of course is not pooping in the potty which I am not surprised about at all. This kid doesn't little pooping in the potty! One day he went 3 times in his underwear! Oh fun times!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yeah, if I had known how queasy I would get from Grayson's accidents, I definitely wouldn't have pushed so hard for him to start potty-training. I was more fed up with him outright not wanting to have anything to do with it. He routinely told us that he had to go potty, which to me showed that he was definitely ready to start training. But yeah, hindsight is 20/20 - definitely should've waited until our house was back in working order before we officially started...