I remember when MacKenzie was pregnant with Corbin, someone (or many people, rather) told me to really cherish the moments when Corbin is young. It's hard to imagine that 3 months have already gone by since Corbin was born, and what's amazing is I can't imagine my 26+ years of being alive without the last 3 months in it.
I also remember the feelings I had from the moment I got that call at night while sitting in my dad's media room ready to watch a movie with everyone; hearing MacKenzie's soft, yet strong voice inform me of Corbin's upcoming debut to the world. I remember that in that first few seconds of realizing what had happened, I subconciously began to evaluate everything I was as a person. Would I be a good dad? I never considered myself to be a very affectionate person, or at least in public; could I really show my child unwavering love and attention, no matter what the circumstances? Question after question drilled through my head for what seemed like an eternity, but in reality lasted only a few seconds. Immediately, all thoughts of doubt were flushed from my mind when I realized that none of those questions really mattered now. I was going to be the father I was meant to be.
After 3 months, all I can say is Corbin has been an absolute blast, and I'm the happiest a father could ever be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Jason you finally posted a blog! I am so proud! Corbin and I love you! You are the best husband and Daddy a woman and her baby could ask for! I never had a doubt in my mind that you wouldn't be a wonderful father! You and Corbin are what make me get up in the morning and thank God I am alive and have a wonderful life and family!
We do need to enjoy every second with Corbin! I can't believe its already been three months since he was born. It has flown by.!
I love you!
Post a Comment