For the past couple of weeks, Corbin's been extremely mobile - though he wasn't quite doing an actual crawl just yet. He started by learning how to get up on his hands and knees and wobble back and forth (my mom said I used to do that a bunch too when I was first learning to crawl). Then, Corbin realized from there he could simply move his arms forward and then pull himself forward, basically dragging his legs whether they were propped up on his knees or slumped down. Then just over a week ago he learned that this whole process of moving would be much easier if he brought one knee forward (his right one). He hadn't quite got the hang of moving his left knee.
Well last night, when we went to MacKenzie's parent's house so they could get ready to leave for Kansas the following morning, we plopped him down to show MacKenzie's dad how his progress was going. And then there it was - he had finally gained control of his left knee and did about 3 full crawl movements, moving both arms and knees at the correct times... I think it startled him a bit because he basically had jolted forward and was like "What the?! how did I get over here so quickly??" Unfortunately I don't have any pictures just yet since MacKenzie took the camera with her on their trip :)
After this, he was incredibly anxious to get moving even more. So much so that he went from hands-and-knees to hands-and-feet as his legs pushed his body up even more. Not only that, but he was able to pull himself up to his feet by bracing his body on one of Aunt Merritt's bags - but only for a bit.
I'm a little torn by all this. On one hand, I love seeing Corbin learn how to be so mobile, and I love seeing his wide eyes and huge smile when he's wiggling and crawling around the floor. But on the other hand, it feels like the little baby we have is growing up crazy fast. And yes, we've had tons of people and relatives warn us how quickly the time goes by. I just hope he's not the one driving everyone back when they get back from their vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment