Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time to change... your diaper!




Enjoying his first Jamba Juice!

Corbin never ceases to amaze us everyday! Just a few minutes ago, I told Corbin we needed to change his diaper. I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water before I changed him and I looked over and our sweet boy was laying on the changing mat all ready to go!

Its amazing to me what he understands and how much he knows. For example... I have Corbin sit down every time he eat something. I say "Sit down." Well he now says "sit down" as well as parks himself on the floor/carpet/stairs/ booster seat in order to eat something. All last week at my mom's house if someone had a Popsicle or when we made cookies he would go over to the stairs and say "sit down" and "thank you" to get what he wanted. Yesterday he wanted to put his shoes on so I always say "help, please " when he needs help with something. Well yesterday I paired it with signing and after I showed him "please" once he singed it back to me! I am so proud of our little guy!

On the diaper front... we LOVE the gdiapers! Its amazing since he has worn the gdiapers he hasn't had ANY eczema flare ups! Although he has some right now because he was battling a mysterious case of diarrhea for a few days and I have been using Pampers for the ease of clean up sake! I took him to the doctor today and the doctor attributed it to possibly some juices he had while his nieces were in town. I usually don't give him juice (too much unnecessary sugar) - just milk and water, but I gave him orange juice once. So its back to just water and milk... well we are going to try soy milk tonight because the doctor also said that the milk sugar isn't good for him right now while he's having GI problems.

No comments: