Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bed Rest here I come


I went to see my doctor on Monday. I had already lined my substitute up to come two days this week because Dr. K told me to taper off work after this week and to plan on going on bed rest starting Monday. So that is the plan right now. Dr. Kuhlmann just doesn't want my blood pressure to rise anymore and have to deliver Grayson earlier than he needs to be here. He said since I am 35 weeks that a huge milestone but he wants to keep Grayson out of the NICU and be healthy, so bed rest is the way to do that. If anything were to change for the worse with my blood pressure in the next few weeks the option would be to deliver Grayson early.

I go back next Monday to have an Non-stress test where they hook me up to the fetal monitor and see how Grayson is doing for length of time. Then the week after I am having an ultrasound to see how big our little guy is. I am looking forward to seeing him again and Jason is coming to see him too! ;)

I am just sad that I have to start bed rest on Jason's birthday and then on the 19th its our 4 year anniversary. I really want to go out and celebrate!

No comments: