
We love our little Grayson!

Hanging out with Mommy in the hospital for my first Thanksgiving!

Little did I know that when I wrote my last post, Jason and I would be meeting our son for the first time in a few hours. After my doctors appointment on Tuesday, Jason and I went home to our house so Jason could work on some work stuff from home. My mom watched Corbin for us so that I could really rest at home and I took a nap for a few hours. When I woke up we headed to my Mom's house at 3:00. We were hanging out at my Mom's house and I was laying on the couch and playing with Corbin.
I started getting a headache and asked Jason to go get me some Tylenol. My mom and sister, Carrie, said it probably wouldn't hurt to take my blood pressure because a headache is a sign of high blood pressure. My mom has high blood pressure and is on medication so she has a blood pressure machine at home so I took my blood pressure. Oh goodness what a shock it was to see that number pop up on the screen...177/111! My sister Carrie was standing behind me watching the results and yelled at me to GO LAY DOWN IMMEDIATELY! I started crying and freaking out and Jason quickly called the doctor on call. The doctor said to get to the hospital immediately! When we got there at 6:00 I was told to change into a gown and they hooked me up to the fetal monitor, contraction monitor and blood pressure. The nurse checked my cervix and said I was about 2-3 centimeters dilated. Dr. Kuhlmann was actually at the hospital here and came and checked me. He said they would watch my blood pressure and also see if my labor was progressing and to see if I was in active labor. Well an hour later my blood pressure was better but I was actually 3-4 centimeters dilated and was having contractions about every three to four minutes that I didn't really feel (I felt slight back lower back pain and some stomach tightening but thats about it)! Dr. Kuhlmann said "Well, I think its time to have a baby!"
I was super nervous about having a repeat c-section. Everything went well, but I was shaking so bad because of nerves/adrenaline. Before the surgery the anesthesiologist gave me a spinal and I was kind of freaking out because I could feel them scrubbing my tummy with the iodine to sterilize it etc and I kept asking them "UMM Should I feel this?!?! " Before with Corbin I had already had the epidural so I was already numb and I was scared I was going to be able to feel them start the c-section. The anesthesiologist reassured me that they used these HUGE tweezery things and pinch you VERY hard and if you feel it and say "ouch" then there is a big problem and they will adjust the medications. He said if they did it to a person who wasn't numb they would jump a million miles off the table! I didn't feel anything thank goodness! This time around with the c-section I could actually feel the pressure etc when they were getting Grayson out. (with Corbin they ended up giving me more medication because the numbness of the epidural had worn off slightly so I was OUT OF IT and didn't feel much!) When they pushed on my abdomen to get him out, WOW it was hard to breathe! I was also awake this time while they stitched me back up which was kind of weird. I kept shaking so badly because of adrenaline and anesthesia. Last time as I mentioned before they gave me too much anesthesia and I was out of it and fell asleep when I had Corbin, so it was weird to be awake.
Grayson James Ziaja was born November 24 at 9:44 pm and was 6 lbs 15 oz and 18 3/4 inches long. He had some fluid in his lungs and he had to be monitored for a while and I really didn't get to see him until 1:00 a.m and that was to nurse him and then he had to go back to the nursery to be monitored. Grayson shares his birthday with his uncle Justin and aunt Tori. Apparently our children also like to be born around family members birthdays! Corbin was born the day before my Dad's birthday and today is my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!
Corbin has come by twice to see Grayson and his Mommy and Daddy. He has adjusted a ton better than I would have thought! He keeps saying "baby!" and he came and sat next to us. He also gave Grayson a kiss and patted his head today and said "Bye Brother!" OH man Jason and I got teary eyed when he said that! We get to leave the hospital tomorrow morning and can't wait to be home with our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment