Friday, September 9, 2011

Getting into mischief

We had an interesting week/weekend. On Sunday while I was cleaning up the kitchen and the boys were playing, Jason all the sudden screams "OMG Grayson is eating Advil!" I ran over he had gotten into my purse (shame on me for not putting it up)! Frantic we made him spit it out and tried to induce vomiting not knowing how much he had gotten. Putting your finger in a 21 month old mouth and trying to make him throw up is not an easy feat! He would bite our hands so we called the on-call nurse who immediately referred us to poison control. The guy on the phone told me to predict how much he may have eaten. There was a bunch on the floor spit out, THANK GOD FOR THE NASTY TASTING MAROON COATING! I said maybe 4. (He might not have gotten any since they taste so nasty). He said that although he got 7xs the normal amount for someone his size but that it was not a toxic level. Thank god! Jason and I were panicking and yelling at each other because it was so stressful putting our baby in danger. So after we heard that we calmed down. He told us to keep him hydrated, rinse his mouth, and give him a snack and just watch him.

Gray already had already been to the doctor that weekend for the second time in a month because he had another ear infection and what looked to be pink eye again! Two weeks later! So I am hoping maybe it wasn't too bad for him. Luckily he was ok! Wouldn't you know that he was fine the rest of the day! I learned my lesson and am NO longer buying the arthritis caps in travel medicine jars and am putting my purse UP!

Then on Tuesday the boys and I get home from work and as usual they requested Diego. I put a movie on and started to make dinner and went to the garage to put something in the recycle bin. I had left the garage open because I needed to move my car over so Jason could put his car in. Our Boarder Collie Kylie decides to run out the garage and RUN AWAY. I throw the stuff I was carrying and bolt after her. OMG she ran like 4 blocks away. The faster I ran after her the faster she ran. All the while I can see our house in the cul-de-sac with the garage door open panicking that the boys will realize I am gone and start going into the street to look for me.

Finally Kylie stops to do her business and runs to a porch and I grabbed her by the nape of the neck and pick up our 65 lb dog and start heading for home. You can imagine the sight! Here I am panicking because my kids are in the house by themselves, scared they are going to run in the street, and my 100 lb self trying to carry an almost 70lb dog!!! Halfway I finally cannot hold her anymore as I am aching and I grabbed her by the nape and her collar and just start dragging her. She is refusing to walk but I am pulling because I am almost in tears, out of breathe and want to get home to my babies.

Finally what seems like 5 hours in reality was maybe 10 minutes we get home and I walk in the door out of breath and Corbin must have been looking for me, THANK GOD he didn't leave the house. They were still watching the movie. We had that conversation that Corbin and Grayson cannot leave the house without an adult!

Daddy was late that night because he had fantasy football at work. Not so happy that this was the night the dog decides to run away. Kylie's tag had my parents address still on it and I was scared she wouldn't return home. She hasn't been out of the house since we moved because we have been busy and haven't taken walks with her to familiarize her with the neighborhood. We will be doing that soon!!

No comments: