
Thinking back on that fateful day five years ago when I got that phone call... and that deep voice saying "Is MacKenzie there?" "This is MacKenzie." "This is Jason Ziaja." (I am thinking who?) I am Wendy Lange's son."
Many of you may not know that Jason and I met because of our parents and my sister. In August of 2003, my sister took her two month old daughter, Payton, to my Dad's laboratory. My dad is a pathologist and at the time was the President of Clinical Pathology Laboratories. Jason's mom, Wendy, is the accountant for the laboratory. We walked around and introduced Payton to all the people my dad works with... he was so proud because Payton was his first grand baby. When we got to Wendy's office, my sister Carrie saw Jason's picture in Wendy's office and said "Oh he is cute, MacKenzie!" I said yes he was and didn't think anything more, at that time.
We went to lunch with my dad and my sister brought up Jason again. My dad said he thought that Jason has a girlfriend. I distinctly remember that I was sad when I heard that... wondering to myself why I was sad about a guy I had never met.
My dad asked me later on if he could give Wendy my phone number to give to Jason and I said yes. My dad gave Wendy a picture of me for Jason to see.. wouldn't you know it was an awful picture of me from 8th grade! (its all he had in his office) I am surprised he even called me!
Back to the phone call.. Jason and I talked for four or so hours and I felt like I had known him my entire life. He asked me out on a date for a week later and we started dating three days after our first date. I knew this was different. I knew I was going to marry him a month into our relationship and were engaged nine months after we started dating.
I am so fortunate to be sharing my life with a wonderful friend, husband, and father to our baby.
I love you Jason, you always know how to make me smile when I have had a bad day! I love waking up next to you every morning and I smile throughout the day thinking about how happy I to be married to you and what a wonderful family we have together.
By the way, Jason saved the paper with my phone number on it and still has it to this day!





1 comment:
Yup, I knew right during our first conversation that you were definitely someone that I didn't want to ever let go of :) I moved the post-it with your number that my mom gave me to the drawer in my desk in our study since it was getting all icky after residing in my wallet all these years... I love you, MacKenzie, and these past five years have definitely been the happiest ones in my life!
Post a Comment