Saturday, August 6, 2011

walking away= choas



Well this morning we found out what we already knew. The sellers wouldn't budge the $10, 000. They offered to come down $3,000 but that's it. So we are walking away. Then we come to find out someone screwed up along the way and the appraisal was done really late and our loan wasn't sent to underwriters which means we may be out our earnest money.We better get this money back, we aren't the ones who messed up! It was a substantial amount of money!

We are waiting to hear if we can get our earnest money back. We are more than a little upset. This house was priced $24,000 above the appraisal value to begin with, we got them to knock off $14,000 now they won't budge. We have been told these sellers are motivated to sell but to whom? No one in their right mind is going to buy a house $10,000 over the appraisal value not in this market, unless its a cash offer.

I think we have decided we are going to continue saving money, and just save a ton at this point in time. We are going to wait a month or two to probably look at houses again. We can't go through this heartache again. We were supposed to close next Friday! Thank goodness we had 20 days from the contract signing to get out. The 20 days ends tomorrow. Thank goodness we can get out still!

It was just too good to be true. It was ten minutes from Jason's moms house, great neighborhood, and great schools. We had already told the boys we were moving soon, and had planned their rooms and everything.

I am off to take a nap, which is how I deal when I am highly stressed. Thank goodness Corbin is at my Mom-in-laws lake house this weekend! Jason and I can just try to relax and destress.

No comments: