Saturday, August 22, 2009

back to school/work

These pictures are from Corbin's second day at school. I forgot to bring my camera the first day! They are kinda blurry because I took them on my iphone.

My BIG boy carrying his own lunch box!



Well it was our first week back at work and school for Corbin and I. Corbin has done really well in his new class. However it has been a trying week for the both of us. I have had to stay at work until almost six everyday to get things completed for school to start on Monday. I would have stayed longer but Corbin's school closes at 6. When we get home Corbin is VERY cranky! Which makes me so sad because I have been looking forward to spending time with my sweet baby! I know it will take some time for us to get back in a routine and adjusted back to school. I am really hoping I don't have to stay at work until six every day because I am really missing spending time with my son for more than 2 hours because he goes to bed at like 8.

The good news is that he enjoys his new class a lot! His teachers were even willing to try out his gdiapers and they done well with them so far!

I am really looking forward to this year! Lots of changes all around at my school. We have a new principal and assistant principal. Also the other English PPCD teacher, Sarah, and I both have new teaching assistants! Let me tell you I could have not put my room together without Jane! She is amazing! Sarah and I both have said a million times this week it is SOOO nice to have an assistant who ACTUALLY helps you! It is SO different from my last two years teaching!

I am going to have five students in my class. I actually get to have some three and four year olds this year! Last year I just had 6 five year olds! Our schedule is going to consist of a lot of running around to different classes for inclusion but it will make the day fly by! Last night was meet the teacher night and three of my students and parents came! So it was a great turn out compared to my first year teaching two years ago when I had NO ONE show up for meet the teacher or back to school night!

Here's to an awesome school year!

No comments: