Yesterday Corbin had a follow up with Dr. Scholl, his ENT, who did his ear tube surgery. We have to go see him every three months. Corbin did NOT like having the doctor check in his ears with the ear instrument. (I don't know the doctor name for it.) The next scheduled appointment we have is for when I am 38 weeks pregnant. That is if Grayson doesn't come early. Grayson is due to arrive at 39 weeks because my doctor won't let me go past 39 weeks because of my previous c-section.
Luckily, Jason was able to come because Corbin ended up having a hearing test. During the hearing test there are distractors like ducks with lights that go along with the noises and you have to have your child focus back on you and not the distractors. (Kind of hard to describe the hearing test...guess you would have had to just been there! You REALLY need two people to do this with a toddler!) Anyways, Corbin did great! His ears look great and his hearing checked out fine!
This morning met Jason for lunch since its the last time this summer we could meet him while at work. He is taking the week off next week. We decided to go to Joe's crab shack. Corbin was so excited when I told him we were going to see Dadda! He went to the garage door and said "Dadda" then was pulling on me because we weren't leaving the house fast enough! It was cute! Corbin fell asleep on the way to meet Daddy. Well we ordered Corbin clam chowder because he has eaten some of Jason's clam chowder before. We also got him his favorite: corn on the cob. He wasn't really interested in the clam chowder this time around. He did however LOVE the tartar sauce that Jason got along with his shrimp. He was happily eating his french fries doused in the tartar sauce. Well when we were getting up to leave I noticed ALL around Corbin's mouth it was red! I was a little freaked out. I even asked Jason if we should stop and get him some Benadryl. But we just decided to watch his mouth and see if there were any other symptoms that popped up. By the time we left Jason's office and came home the redness was gone! Thank goodness!
It looks like Corbin will no longer be having tartar sauce. :( We THINK this is what caused him to break out. It was ALL over his mouth. He had a piece of shrimp but spit it out. So I don't think that was it. Its too bad because Corbin LOVED Joe's crab shack. I guess if we go back we will have to make sure he doesn't have the tartar sauce again. HE loved the disco ball and lights. The servers even danced and were clapping to loud music and Corbin was clapping along with them. When they were done dancing and the lights went off. Corbin kept looking up at the lights and wanted them to come on again! :)
1 comment:
Connor has that same contact dermitis to ranch dressing and kraft mac and cheese. I don't think it hurts them, but may be a reaction to some preservative. Connor flipped some ranch up on his eye the other day and even had a red mark there...but he loves ranch so I give it to him once in a while!
Post a Comment