Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Toddler bed

We are so proud of our Corbin! He has been sleeping in his crib turned toddler bed since Sunday night. I mentioned in the previous post that we ordered Corbin's big boy bed. So on Sunday Jason and I decided to just "try" converting his bed into a toddler bed. I was sure he would try to get out and we would have a HUGE mess in his room complete with clothes and blankets out of drawers. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

At first he wasn't too thrilled with the bed. But after I crawled in and read books to him and gave him a kiss he cried for about 5 minutes and was out. I have to admit I had to go check on him every time I got up to go to the bathroom. I have had to do that every night. I can't go back to sleep without checking on him. Yesterday he woke up in the middle of the night and I actually crawled in bed with him and slept with him. Jason came in and gave us kisses when he left for work. I think he was shocked to see me in there with Corbin.

I was honestly shocked that Corbin is doing so well sleeping in his new bed. I was a little worried about nap time thinking he would try to get out of bed. However he surprised me again and has slept really well. Last night he slept ALL night and did not wake up once! Yay Corbin!

Lets just see how long this lasts!

No comments: